The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for a Regional Advisor on Water Supply and Sewerage within its „Modernization of local public services in the Republic of Moldova" project.
The Advisor will support the activities of the Regional Development Agency South (RDA South located in Cimislia) in the area of Water Supply and Sewerage (WSS), and will be working directly in the premises of RDA South.
The main responsibilities shall include:
- supervise and guide the RDA staff in all matters related to the smooth implementation and coordination of project activities, the project's logical framework and implementation plan, in accordance with the procedures and duties agreed with the project partner;
- consult the relevant RDA staff in all aspects of developing and implementing RD projects under the MLPS Project, in particular:
- on the organization (consistency) of activities;
- on administrative and regulatory requirements;
- by identifying needs for additional resources and coordination of experts' employment under the GIZ project;
- on innovative forms of project development and public participation in the implementation manner under the pilot projects;
- ensure proper management of knowledge among the stakeholders;
- act as a resource person for other GIZ technical advisors and the MLPS project altogether, as well as for other stakeholders (RDA, LPA) in the area of WSS.
- University and/or Master's degree in public administration, business development, law, economics and/or energy efficiency;
- At least 3 years experience in project management and process development in the environment and culture of an organization;
- Experience in developing and maintaining strong partnership relations, including skills of negotiation with internal and external resources;
- Proficiency and proven experience in key areas of management expertise and in guiding, motivating and assisting staff, in financial and budgetary control and achieving delivery and quality objectives;
- Be able to work autonomously and on own initiative while reporting regularly to the Project Manager and direct coordinator;
- Strong analytical skills to evaluate and create effective solutions to problems;
- Proactive, organized, able to identify priorities among multiple tasks;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral, in English and Romanian;
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, Internet and other);
- Organizational and problem solving skills
- Willing and able to travel inside and outside the country upon request.
Applicants have to be citizens of the Republic of Moldova, residing inside the country for a period of over 6 months before the date of application.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 14 November 2014, time 17:00 to the attention of Tatiana Dumbrava, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview.