Home - Press - News - Invitation for Prequalification/Expression of Interest WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATION IN CAHUL: WSS CAHUL URBAN
14.07.2020 1154 Views
The Municipality of Cahul, through the Government of the Republic of Moldova has received financing from the German Federal Government through KfW Entwicklungsbank (KfW) towards the improvement of water supply and sanitation infrastructure in the District of Cahul. Part of the proceeds shall be used towards payment of the contract for the construction of water supply and sanitation infrastructure in and near the city of Cahul.
The Municipality of Cahul intends to prequalify contractors for Works Contract No: XXX for the construction of the following works (N.B.: the below list is not final):
Lot 1: WS Headworks
- Intake at river Prut:
- Intake installation with fish protection;
- Feeder pipes 2 x DN 500 (about 200 m, through trenchless method in groundwater, detailed construction design to be done by the Construction company);
- New raw water pumping station PS-01.
- Replacement of inlet pipework;
- Rehabilitation of coagulation tanks, replacement of pipeworks;
- Rehabilitation of flocculation tanks, replacement of pipeworks;
- Rehabilitation of sand filters;
- Replacement of chemical dosing;
- Replacement of external pipework between reservoirs and PS-02;
- Refurbishment and equipping of laboratory.
Lot 2: Networks Cahul
The works have to comply in full with national regulations.
Applicants are required to apply for both lots; only one works contract shall be signed for the works under this procurement.
Prequalification will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the prequalification document and is open to all eligible Applicants as defined in the KfW Guidelines for Procurement (www.kfw-entwicklungsbank.de), version January 2019.
Works will be tendered in accordance with KfW Standard Procurement Documents. The works contract will follow the regulations of FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Construction for Building and Engineering Works Designed by the Employer, Multilateral Development Bank Harmonised Edition of June 2010 (FIDIC Pink Book) as licensed by KfW.
Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information and a complete set of prequalification documents in English language, free of charge, upon submission of a written application by e-mail to the following address:
All e-mails must be copied to:
Applications for prequalification should be submitted in clearly marked envelopes and delivered to the address below by 12:00 h Moldovan time (UTC +2:00 h) on 03 September. Late applications will be rejected.
Municipality of Cahul
Attention: Mr. Nicolae Dandis
Piata Independentei 6
3909, or. Cahul
Republic of Moldova