The German Development Cooperation through GIZ is looking for an Advisor on Regional Development for South Development Region within its project „Modernization of Local Public Services in the Republic of Moldova".
The permanent workplace of the Advisor will be located within the facilities of the Regional Development Agency South (RDA South) in Cimislia.
The overall responsibilities related to this position are as follows:
- advising project partners on the regional and local level on topics related to regional development, including participatory planning and budgeting, opportunities for inter-municipal cooperation, development, implementation and evaluation of Regional Development Strategies and Sector Programmes etc.;
- providing support in fulfilling their mandates for Regional Development Agency (RDA) specialists, Regional Development Council/Regional Sector Commissions (RDC/RSCs) members, Local Public Authorities (LPAs), local council members, private sector representatives and civil society organizations (as RDC members);
- assisting smooth MLPS project implementation at the regional level, including support to MLPS project events, national and international experts' missions;
- facilitating the communication of experiences and lessons learnt between all policy levels by showing case good examples from the local / regional level and upscale this experience to the national level.
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in Business Development, Law, Economics, Public Administration or equivalent professional work experience in the above-mentioned areas;
- detailed knowledge of administrative and governmental structures of the Republic of Moldova;
- at least 3 years of general work in project implementation, local/regional planning and programming;
- excellent computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, Internet, etc.);
- excellent communication and presentation skills, in both verbal and written English and Romanian; knowledge of Russian or German would be an asset;
- expertise in developing and maintaining strong partner relationships including negotiation skills with internal and external resources;
- strong organizational and problem-solving skills; able to work to deadlines, under stress, and cheerfully;
- ability to work autonomously and on own initiative while regularly reporting to the Project Manager and direct coordinator;
- willingness and ability to travel inside and outside the country for event support, when needed; a valid category B driving license;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 16 September 2019, time 17:00, to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work program and concluded in line with the national labor legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.